Auto Key Programming
Transponders are challenging bits of kit which are infamously really expensive to mend at car dealerships. Employing an auto locksmith professional to mend your transponder is actually a much faster and more affordable alternative. Our experts are able to configure new keys, erase information from old ones which may have been stolen, as well as add new keys to the car’s system if you desire spare keys.
What Is A Transponder Key?
Our team know that you may not be extremely familiar with cutting-edge car technology. That’s why we try to demystify things for you to ensure that you have an idea of the problem you are dealing with.
A transponder key resembles your regular car key EXCEPT that it contains a small state-of-the-art chip inside it which boosts the security of the vehicle. Every chip in each car key will come with a distinct serial number assigned and configured in it from the moment it was built. The transponder key matches with the receiver in the ignition of the car in order to work. The moment you go towards the car and trigger the transponder key, the receiver matches the serial number and only if it is a perfect match, will the car unlock automatically.
The Disadvantage Of A Transponder Key
By being incredibly specialized in auto locksmith emergency situations, we have to inform you that this security device is at times a double-edged sword. This is due to the fact that if any part of your transponder key doesn’t work, the ignition will not fire, and you are stranded with your car.
Some Examples Of Transponder Issues
– Transponders can become scrambled by others and can abruptly cease to work or trigger an immobilizer. These scenarios can be hugely irritating and demand specialist help.
– In the event that you misplace or break your transponder then there is no choice but to reprogram a new key to pair with your car.
– Occasionally something illogical may happen to your car; lights will blink, the alarm system will sound, the driving wheel may possibly lock or maybe the car will not start. Often this is due to a problem with the transponder and ECU.
Liverpool Auto Locksmiths have the specialist know-how and technology needed in order to remedy these kinds of issues for you on-site. Many roadside recovery organizations do not carry these tools thus won’t have the ability to assist you. If something like this occurs, it’s a good idea to consult with an auto locksmith first for advice, prior to phoning anyone else. If you get in touch with our 24-HOUR emergency customer support line, our staff ensure that a professional will be with you quickly to look at the problem and have you on your way as swiftly as possible. Speed is our forte, so look no more, contact us on 0333 772 0769
We provide the following services at very affordable rates:
– Replacement of misplaced transponder keys
– Repair work of damaged or broken transponder keys
– Transponder key copying options
– Key coding on-board
– Synchronizing of transponder key chip.
And so, if ever you’re dealing with a transponder problem, do not delay in calling our specialist team. We leave no stone unturned in order to achieve a working resolution making use of our specialist car key programming strategies.